Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quick Disconnects

Found a website that appears to have the quick disconnects I need in stock. Again, they're only sold in packs of 100, but the price is cheap enough that it really isn't that big of a deal. Who knows, I may build more controllers in the future. I also ordered 2 spools of 22 gauge "hook-up" wire. With shipping and sales tax (close to 10% now in CA), I'm in for another $25. I still have the wire and extra cutters to return to Fry's, so it may end up a wash.

If I'd had a bit more foreknowledge, I could have ordered these quick connects from Lizard Lick, avoided tax and shipping, and had the exact number I needed. If you're thinking about doing this sort of thing yourself, do yourself a favor and order the disconnects at the same time you order the arcade parts (assuming you can get them from the same source). I can't imagine any reason not to use these things, and unless you're planning on building multiple controllers buying 100 when you only need 8 can be a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment