Thursday, October 7, 2010

Devil Car

I began working on CoH, shortly after Issue 7 launched. I know it was after Issue 7 launched because on my trip from Colorado to Los Gatos my car's engine was completely destroyed by "The Sisters" outside of Evanston, Wyoming and I spent a week holed up in a Motel 8 playing I7 while the local mechanic replaced the engine. I spent my first few months living in one room of an ancient farmhouse in Santa Cruz, for which I paid $250/mo. I dare anyone living in the bay area to find accomodations for that price. The commute on I-17 over the Santa Cruz mountains destroyed two of my tires. The Sears Automative mechanic showed me the 8-inch chunk of missing rubber, which explained the odd thunking noise. They also managed to break my sway-bar while trying to align my tires. Shortly after this, my electrical system became possessed and systematically began to blow out fuses. It was around this time that I discovered a 1993 Toyota Corolla cannot be shifted out of Park unless the brake light is on.

The license plate the California DMV initially tried to issue to me ended in '666'.

No comments:

Post a Comment